Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Story

Poor Maria. This morning I was nursing the baby and Maria came into the kitchen. A few minutes later I could hear her crying, but this is not alarming. THEN she started to sob, really sob, and I thought 'hmmmm', maybe something was wrong? I finally finished up with the babe and came in and poor Maria was standing in the refrigerator, with both her hands closed in the cheese drawer. Like really slammed in there. She couldn't do anything about it because BOTH hands were in there.

It is so weird to me. How about a little heads up, Maria, that there's really something wrong? That you're in PAIN? How about saying "Help!" She says "help" a lot. Well, she says 'help-EEE', but only when she wants to get up on the damned countertop. I took her up and put her down for a nap and while I was changing her diaper, she kept looking at her fingers and looking (accusingly!) at me. Piss off, I told her, it's not like *I* slammed her fingers in the drawer. It's not like *I* woke her up at 2:00 for some screaming and then again at 5:00 for the day.

It feels like we will never get through this, this time of early waking and one nap a day, a nap that takes place at like 10:00 or something. But I know we will, I know she will get older and ... older. Ha, kidding, better, I know she'll get better. I just hope it happens soon!

No comments: