- Maria cracked her wrist last week. She bent the bone in her left wrist, which is not uncommon for little kids, I guess, the combination of hollow but bendable bones are ripe for bending. My sister mentioned that Pink song about being not broken, but bent and now I think about it all the time. She fell off a slide at VBS, of course the last day. I went to get her and she wanted to stay for lunch, so I set her up and went to get the other girls and I looked over and she was pressing her arm into her belly, leaning over and eating like a dog. That's when I knew something was up, ha! I took the three girls to the ER, it took 3.5 hours, but they were all pretty good and really, two weeks of a splint is nothing, she is fine and has been since she got the splint, no cast, no worries, it's fine. She went to ballet the next day!
- She had such a conniption fit this week I began to wonder if she was crazy. Then I talked to some preschool moms and they all seemed to think it was normal, but man. She was in the toy room and I heard a LOUD CRASH. I went in and she was, like, running across the room, fear and guilt in her eyes. I asked her what happened and she said NOTHING! I WAS JUST STANDING THERE AND NOTHING! I DID NOTHING! This went on for a while and finally I said, well, the hell with it, I'm not going to talk to you if you're just going to lie. Then for the next 10 minutes, she laid on the floor, screaming I AM GOING TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH! I AMMMMMM GGOOOOOOOING TO TELLLLLLLL YOOOOOOOU THE TRUUUUUUUUTH! I was like, um, okay, but when? DO TELL! She calmed down and told me a sad tale of how she grabbed one book but 50 fell down and I said big deal, Maria! I don't care if something falls, I want to see if you're okay, there is no reason to go on and on like that. Ay yi yi.
- I cut her bangs this week and they look really good, if I do say so myself.
- I keep complaining about this but I got her tuition email this week, about how to set up payment. You can pay four different ways - all at once, in two payments, in four payments, or every month. But get this - there is no incentive to pay it all at once. WHO would do that? Why would you give all that money away if you get nothing for it? Dumb.
- She has some neighbors over right now, they went to Vacation Bible School this week but they all learn the same music and they're in there singing. It's super cute.
Father's Day Update
3 days ago