Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three!

She's been three for two days now and while I'd like to report that we've had a big turnaround with the potty training, I can't. But she is a fun three year old, I have to say. She is smart and she has a crazy big vocabulary. She has some trouble with saying, like, "she" about Veronica. This morning she kept saying "he has it! he haaaaas it!", and Anthony was lying on his bed, so I was like WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?, but she meant Veronica.

We have finally finished her cupcakes. We made 18 of the damned things and she had them morning noon and night and now, thankfully, they are gone. I used this great cupcake icing, which I totally recommend. It's Betty Crocker or something and it comes with a few different tips but I just used the flower one and it made for really good looking cupcakes. Sadly, I don't think I got a picture, because - well, because I was always icing the damned cupcakes and couldn't get the camera too. It's very hard to do anything around here. I wish I could wear a large apron, like ... oh, I picture a welder or something, like a big leather apron, with hooks and pockets. Then I figure I could put my camera, my phones, the clicker, wipes, tissues, like everything I need in it all day. Because I never have what I need. Veronica has had a runny nose for six months or so and I am always running out of tissues.

We are going to open gym today, my friend Emily's tomorrow, and then it will be the weekend. I still hate the weekends, especially in the winter, but these weeks are such a grind and so hard that I'm always grateful for the possibility of rest, even if it doesn't materialize. Maria starts ballet in two weeks and I'm excited. It's such a good deal, from our parks system. She can really find out if she likes something before we sink a billion dollars into it. I don't know if she'll like ballet, but a lot of my friends' kids have done it and it looks super cute. Plus I like the idea of someone telling her to do something and her doing it. God knows that doesn't happen much around here.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am laughing and laughing at the idea of a giant apron. Maybe like Dexter wears when he kills people (like made of rubber with lots of pockets) Can you fit a flask in there to take the edge off of the long days too! Anyway, Happy Birthday to Maria:)