Friday, January 9, 2009

52 Weeks (!)

 
 
Well, I am finished with my weekly pictures of Maria's first year. I did better with her than I did with Anthony - his I didn't start until he was six weeks old, and I missed some Fridays. I don't think I missed one Friday with Maria and I definitely did every week. Over the next few weeks, I am going to print the pictures, although I might have them printed, it might be cheaper. Then I'm going to buy a giant frame and put them all in, near Anthony's. Then I can start to worry that there's no way in hell I'll be able to do it a third time.

Maria had her one year appointment today and I learned several things. The first I should have known but it is that getting the first appointment of the day does not really save you time. I got there at 7:50 for our 8:00 appointment and there were three people there ahead of me, with appointments ranging from 8:00 - 8:25. I really think we should have been checked in in front of the jackass that gets to an appointment THIRTY minutes early but whatever. ANYWAY, then we had to wait like 10 minutes in the lobby, which is no big deal but it was like 8:30 before we went back for our appointment! Maria was weighed and this is the second thing I learned - my ped's office staff might be kind of dumb. She weighed 21 pounds, 13 ounces and NOT 23 pounds, five ounces, as they said when I had her in there two weeks ago. I knew that was heavier than she seemed. The nurse must have left her giant thumb on the scale last time, I told the doctor. Anyway, that is the 60th percentile, or thereabout, as is her height, which is 29.5 inches. She was very dramatic with the medical student who saw her and with the doctor - bloodcurdling screams while they dared to put the stethescope to her belly. BUT as I told them, it was getting close to her NAPTIME since we were all running so late.

The next thing I learned is that there are stupid rules in Indiana, and probably everywhere. Also I learned that I have to check and double check everything everyone ever does. The medical student told me that Maria couldn't have her one year shots today because she wasn't one year old yet. She said maybe I could come back next week? I said or maybe I'll just come back at 18 months? You dumbass? No I didn't - it wasn't really her fault, it was definitely the scheduling ninny's fault and it wasn't Maria's fault either. They do the shots when they do them on purpose so I'll just have to go in next week and get them done. Her doctor was very nice about it, he apologized and really took responsibility for what happened, which I appreciate. I just have to see a nurse so I can make an appointment for whenever and I don't have to pay anything, so that will be fine. But ugh - how dumb is that?

ANYWAY. Here's Maria, enjoying and sharing a fake coke!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

A Damn Ant said...

Cheers to you, Maria! And Joanne too! :-)