Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nine month checkup

 

Eating pears. I took Maria for her nine month checkup today and she weighs only 18 pounds, 5 oz., which means she's only gained like 10 ounces in three months! She is in the 50th percentile for weight, which is a first for any of these kids. She is 28", up two inches from her six month appointment, which is the 75th percentile. Her doctor said that it's fine that she hasn't gained too much weight, that nine months is a leveling off time. Her head isn't leveling off at all, it's 45 cm, which is the 95th percentile. I remember Anthony went down to the 75% for weight at nine months. He also said that I am "lucky" that she sleeps for 12 hours and is only up twice to nurse and that he thinks she is moving around "just fine" for her age. She also had no shots, which is just great, I always dread it. When we were at the doctor, some woman walked in with her little girl who had had open heart surgery last Tuesday at Riley. I thought how lucky I am, with my concerns about Anthony and Maria not being a great sleeper. Who cares? That's nothing compared to what a lot of kids go through. I am trying to really remember that these days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: