Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Floor Work

 

 

 

Yesterday, I took Anthony to PT and there was a different therapist. She was really nice and Anthony did well with her, I thought. Toward the end of the hour, she said to me "how old is your baby girl?" and I said almost nine months. "Really?" she said, seeming kind of concerned. "Does she belly crawl?" I was like HELL, no, she doesn't even put any weight on her legs! As I said it, I could see her looking a little concerned. She was super nice about it, she offered to tell me some milestones. She said by seven months, they like to see a baby belly crawling. And by nine months, they like to see babies up on their hands and knees and maybe rocking. I said Maria doesn't even seem to know she has knees! She said maybe mention it to her doctor and also had I heard of First Steps? Hoo boy, have I, I thought. I'm not worried, really. She sits up very well and even the therapist said she obviously can move, she pushes herself up super far on her arms. I'm just going to try to leave her on the floor a little bit more. (She just started crying in there). I have a bad habit of picking her up at the first sign of discomfort, because she starts to yell so loudly and frankly I don't feel I need to hear much more yelling from these children of mine. I feel like I've heard my share, and maybe some other people's share, too. But I'm going to start to let her go a little bit and hopefully she'll start moving.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: