Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes

I was looking at a friend of mine's blog and her little girl, who is two months older than our little Cricket, was wearing Robeez and I was thinking Maria will probably need shoes this winter if she is going to start walking. So I went to endless.com and found Robeez for $19, which is good but then I went to Amazon and found the same shoe for $14.89 and so I got a pair of 6-12 months and a pair of 12-18 months. The 12-18 months will probably be a little out of season by the time she wears them, but I don't care - that is a GOOD price. Dr. Spock, whom I love, says there is no reason for your child to wear shoes except outside while they are learning to walk and even while they're toddling. So I never had Anthony in shoes for the longest time, but Maria is his calendar opposite so she might need some. Anyways. I'll post a picture of her in them once they come. And once she ever deigns to stand up.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Beau had the boot robeez last winter and he loved them. They are so easy to put on- socks aren't necessary and they were the only 'shoes' we needed.

Julie said...

I am honored to be a link on your blog! I totally agree about the shoe thing-Aubrey is always barefoot unless we are going out (in the chilly weather). I know it is cute to put your 2 month old in shoes (like my friend did when we went for a walk on the Monon-never saw the shoes b/c he slept the whole time!) but why bother when it is 80 degrees out and he can't walk?