Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 11 of Lent

Tonight I am taking Maria and Veronica to school, they are doing a Monarch Madness thing.  Their school mascot is the Monarchs, and March Madness! is a thing for college basketball, so this is their school's take on it.  They had the choice of doing basketball, that is, being coached in basketball by older kids, or doing cheerleading and they both chose cheerleading.  I don't blame them, Marta's daughter Maddie is a cheerleader and she wears a super cute uniform and a giant bow in her hair and cheerleading at this level is pretty easy and they can succeed, so why not, right?  

Anyway, of course Maria wants to do it.  She will do anything!  I said do you want to audition for the musical and she said YES.  She told me a few weeks ago, Miss Scheidler said to raise our hand if we wanted to do something in the Mass that we are in charge of, so I raised my hand and now I'm TALKING!  After they rehearsed in the church, she said "we practiced our prayers today that we're doing with the Mass, we used the microphone, it was AWESOME!, I felt like Father Guy or something up there".  Ha!  I said do you want to do Monarch Madness and before I could get the words out of my mouth, she said YES!  Then Veronica said yes too and I think that's lucky.  Maybe Veronica wouldn't want to do things if it were just her but because Maria is there, just one grade ahead of her, she is happy to do it, too.  

No comments: