Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 7 of Lent

Oh, Maria.  Last Friday she was supposed to be in Annie, her stage debut! at school.  On Thursday, Veronica was sick and stayed home, so she missed Maria and the rest of the cast doing the show for the whole school assembly.  Maria said it was "great!".  She said her friend Camille gave her TWO thumbs up and hugged her and even the boys hugged her and gave the thumbs up, TWO thumbs up, she kept saying, so cute.

So Friday Veronica stayed home too but she rallied and we all went to St. Joan of Arc for the show.  I had taken the night off work, we were meeting Laura there, everything was all set so of course Maria threw up on the way in to school.  I didn't know if it was nerves or what and she said she was okay but right before the play started Mike said "there's Maria" and I craned my neck to see the stage and he said, no THERE'S Maria, and she was coming toward us with her teacher.  I took her hand and we were walking out when bleeeeaaaaahhhh she threw up AGAIN.  Oh Lord it was a mess!  A nice mom friend of mine got me paper towels and cleaner and  I cleaned up while Mike got the car but by the time he got there Maria wanted to stay and see her number so he took Veronica and Felicity and Laura headed to our house while I waited with Maria so she could see her friends in Hard Knock Life.

We walked out to the car and I said well, Maria, I'm glad you got to do the show yesterday and maybe you can do it tomorrow.  I said I'm glad you got to see your number, no one else did!  We got home and she threw up before we got into the house, even, and was sick all night, joined eventually by Felicity and Anthony, ugh.

But she was such a great sport about it.  She realized on Saturday that she wasn't going to be able to go that night and she was just very understanding and grown up about it.  I honestly feel like Mike and I were more disappointed for her than she was for herself, so we just went with her.  She is something else.  Here's what she wrote in her journal for school about it, it doesn't all fit in the picture, but it has a happy ending, where she felt better on Sunday! And went to the store!


No comments: