Monday, February 2, 2015

LONG TIME NO HEAR

Man I can't believe it's been since just after Christmas since I wrote about Maria.  She is doing so great, it's wonderful.  I mean, I want to kill her twice a day because she is talking back so much but man, she is also just terrific.  She is doing so well in school, the top five percent for reading in the country of first graders (what a horrible country that would be, ha!) and the top eight percent for math.  I'm very proud of her and I have almost nothing to do with it.  She is naturally smart and competitive, which is a good description of Mike (smart) and me (competitive).  She turned seven on January 11, we had a big party here, just pizza and cake but her friends had fun.  I took this idea from Pinterest and it went over well.  We are going to Florida for Spring Break and she is excited.  Honestly she is behind the whole trip, I just wish she would be able to drive, ha!

Oh and she had strep throat!  She was the first to fall, then Felicity, and then Veronica.  She had a high, high fever two Fridays ago and I had to go get her from school.  She couldn't even sit up at the clinic but after a day or two of Penicillin she was much better.  She is a real tough guy.

Here's a cute picture:


No comments: