Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 15 of Lent

Have I said how good Maria is at Math?  She is good at everything, school wise, so far, but she seems to have a great grasp of Math.  She is doing some kind of ca-razy math at school and it's driving Mike and me crazy but we have learned that we don't even really have to get involved.  It's so dumb, she is subtracting and adding by tens and she uses a CHART to figure out, like, 72-10.  If I were doing that, I'd put the 72 on to and a 10 beneath it and then I'd subtract 1 from 7 and 0 from 2 and get 62 but she has to check it on some chart to get to 62.  I don't really want to argue with anyone and as I told Mike, if she can learn it at seven years old, we can surely learn enough to help her with her homework.

Every day that she gets older gets better.  I am sick of so many things but I feel like I will never be sick of helping her with her homework, with listening to her read.  I consider it a miracle.

No comments: