Sunday, July 28, 2013

Seven Things for Sunday


  • We went to a garage sale yesterday, Maria likes them ever since we went to our neighborhood one a few weeks ago.  We got Maria a style-head thing and she was THRILLED.  Before she was thrilled, however, she complained a LOT and I couldn't even look at anything if it wasn't something SHE was interested in.  Anyways, we got some wands and stickers and the style head thing and it was a win.  
  • Today she seemed so grown up to me, I mentioned it to Mike and Maria overheard.  She said If I'm a grownup, how come I don't have a purse, any money, a phone, or a Furby?  Ha!  She kills me. 
  • She is unbearable about wanting to go places.  While we were at the pool this week, she was getting MAD about when the next time we were coming was.  Who does that?  She has a very hard time feeling her life.  And I do too, but I'm 45!  She's 5!  What the heck?
  • Her handwriting is getting good, but it's at a cost.  She wants to know how every word in the language is spelled.  She yells Mommy!  How do you spell playdate?  I say "P" and she snaps "then what?", "L", "THEN WHAT?" and on and on.  Sheesh!
  • We found out who her teacher is this year, and it's the teacher I was hoping it would be.  She also has four kids and she lives in our neighborhood.  We go for Kindergarten Roundup on the 14th and her first day is the 15th.  
  • Lately, she's been asking me so much if she can go to the neighbor's house, I just let her go.  I figure my neighbor can just tell her you can't come over, and then I won't get in trouble with her.  She is driving me crazy, literally crazy.  
  • I love her so much, though, and she is at a pretty good age, really.  She is driving me crazy but also she is good on her own, she is a TEENSY bit of help with Felicity, she's independent and just - I mean, she's getting there.  The other day at the pool I gave her a $5 and sent her for pizza, which costs $3.  I told her the guy should give her two dollars back and she came back a minute later, waving two dollar bills and crowing, "THEY'RE GOING TO CALL MY NAME WHEN IT'S READY!  THEY'RE GOING TO SAY MARIA!".  Cute.  

No comments: