Monday, September 22, 2014

Delight

I told Maria the other day that she was a delight and she cut her eyes at me and said "I don't know what that means".  Ha, I told her, it meant she was a joy to be around and she said "well, that's good!".  She must be used to me complaining about her, ha!

She really is fun here lately.  She is still bugging me a lot about going to people's houses but I think she is getting more in tune with social mores.  I told her yesterday, look, you can go play on your bike, you can go for a walk, and if you see someone who asks you to play, you can play!  So she did go out and she ended up playing with our neighbors who go to the same school as she does, she had a really good time and she wasn't bugging me, and it was a win win.

I'm going to her school today to volunteer at the library, we are still enjoying that.  Today we were on our way into school and she said oh no!, I forgot to read my AR books!  I said, all weekend?  I mean, it seems to me like we read a lot of books, but I guess somehow she didn't read the ones that she was supposed to.  So we decided she could read them in the 20 minutes she had before school started, crisis averted.

Everything is fine, boring, which I guess is good if you are me and BAD if you are Maria.  Veronica always says "boring as a NORING", which means it's really bad.

Here's a cute picture of Maria as Isadora Duncan on her bike:


No comments: