Friday, May 17, 2013

Five things for Friday

Ha, for a minute I forgot whose blog this was.  But it's Maria's.  Here's five things about my little darling this week.


  1. She has an ear infection.  She's so, so crazy.  Yesterday, she went out with my mom in the morning and they went to IHOP for lunch.  Tuesday it was Veronica's birthday and Maria said to her "Veevsy, let's go wherever you want to go for lunch" and Veronica said "okay, how about IHOP?!" and Maria screamed and cried - NOOOOOOO!  CHUCK E CHEEEEEEESE!  Ha!  My mom does NOT want to take her to CEC every damned week of her life, so she told her they can go once a month and THAT went over like a lead balloon.  Anyways.  So they went to IHOP and the library and then came home and Maria mentioned that her 'ear hurt'.  I said what do you mean, your ear hurts?  She said NOTHING!  It's fine!  It doesn't hurt!  So we went to Marta's so she could get ready for tap and ballet.  On the way there, she was bragging about how SHE went more places than VERONICA, RIGHT?  RIGHT, MOMMY?  I swear, she was still trying to get even from the IHOP incident!  Crazy.  So anyways, I told her let's just go home and skip tap and she said no, she was FINE.  I said, well if you need me tell Marta and she'll call me and of course Marta called me like five minutes after I left and said Maria was afraid she was going to through up.  Mike picked her up and when I got home she was warm and pale and I asked which ear hurts and she quick pointed at her left one.  So sure enough, we went to the Urgent Care and saw Dr. Pakistan of my Felicity-baby-days and he said her temp was 100.4 and that she had 'quite a bad' ear infection.  She is a tough guy, right?  She's doing well now, taking her medicine, etc.  
  2. I went out to lunch today with some friends and I left the three girls with Mike.  I texted him not long after I got to lunch and he told me two friends came over and then by the time I got home, TWO MORE friends were over, so it was him and our three, and four neighbors, ha!  Maria is what you call a social butterfly.  
  3. She's going to a birthday party tomorrow night, a girl from her class is turning five.  I just told her tonight because she makes my life a living hell if I tell her things too soon.  
  4. They were up way before 7:00 today, I think it was like 6:00 but I was beat from Felicity getting up at 5:30 so I didn't even know what was going on.  She was up early and had ballet today and ran around all day and she was STILL up late tonight.  Tough guy, as I said.  
  5. Even when she's sick, she is still a lot of fun.  I was telling my friends today, I am so excited and even though a big, BIG part of that excitement is that she won't be HERE, mostly I am excited for her.  I know she is going to love it.  I feel like this is what we've been working toward - she's going to go somewhere every day, and she's going to meet a bunch of different people, and she's going to be so tired.  Maybe she'll play a sport.  Ooh I can't wait!  I wish it were August right now.  

1 comment:

Leeann said...

I kind of love Maria. She sounds like a total firecracker. She is going to be an awesome, fun woman one day!