Monday, May 27, 2013

Five for Friday - Monday Holiday Edition



  1. Maria is all finished with her antibiotics from her recent ear infection.  She made up a song, it goes "I get to take my medicine, my medicine, my medicine.  I get to take my medicine, my medicine!".  I have no complaints about her taking her medicine, obviously.  
  2. My friend Roxane gave me a bunch of size five and four clothes that were her daughter Harper's.  The girls get super excited going through these hand-me-downs, it's really cute.  Yesterday, Maria fashioned herself a complete Hello Kitty outfit to wear to church - Hello Kitty shoes, skirt, shirt, underwear and sweater!  She went over the list of clothes several times during Mass, including her trying to show me her underwear.  In church!  She is pretty good in church but she's so, so loud.  She is incapable of whispering.  
  3. This will be her last week of preschool, ever.  She just goes Tuesday and Wednesday and then she's finished with regular preschool, forever.  This space for silent thanksgiving.
  4. Yesterday they slept until 8:00 and today 7:50.  This is so, so late for Maria, and I really appreciate it.  
  5. Maria got a new bike!  It was a complicated endeavor.  Ever since Veronica got her bike for her birthday, Maria has been going crazy.  Veronica has a 14" bike and Maria's is only a 12" and now it seems super small.  It's driving her crazy and she's mentioned it a few times.  So I told her, we could get her a new-to-her bike, but we'd have to trade her old one in.  We took her bike to Once Upon a Child yesterday (which Maria kept calling the Little Child store) and got $25 for it, which is *really* good, but they had no bikes with training wheels except DIEGO, which was unacceptable, as you can imagine.  We went to ANOTHER OUAC, but they had no bike with training wheels.  Maria was getting frustrated and I was too, it was raining and I had left Mike home with everyone else, so we just went to Target and I spent $77 on a Hello Kitty 14" bike.  We left Target and I saw a Goodwill, so I told Maria let's just stop and look and if they have a bike there, we'll get it and return the new one.  We found a great bike, a 16" Huffy that had training wheels and Maria tried it and liked it, so we got it and now I am $15 ahead!  I'll miss that cute little Radio Flyer bike we got her, but she is super cute tooling around on that giant bike, too.  

No comments: