Friday, May 10, 2013

Five things for Friday

Here's some things about Maria this week.  I am TRYING to be better about updating, I swear.


  • Maria had her end of school year party this week, on Tuesday night.  She had a HIGH OLD time, there was horseback riding, there was a petting zoo, lots of food, face painting, a music playing area, which was a big hit.  Her last party there!  
  • Also, a first and last for her was this Muffins with Mom thing at her school.  She talked and talked and talked about it, there were going to be chocolate chip muffins, lemon muffins, or cinnamon, and we could have WHATEVER kind we wanted.  We could have iced tea OR water, whatever we wanted!  We sat at the table, it was beautifully decorated with a picture of her, a placemat that she made, and she served me.  Then they did a little thing, they recited a poem, sang a song, and said HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!  It was v. cute, the pictures are from that day.  
  • Both Maria and Veronica have been staying up too late, and getting up too early, which results in big jerkiness around here most every day.  It stinks.  
  • Maria is doing well in Intermediate Ballet but I don't know how she's doing in Tap and Ballet class, because every time I go (usually Marta takes her), she spends half the time of the class coming out to tell me (in no particular order) that her feet hurt, her hand hurts, she is hungry, she is thirsty, she is tired, she has a cough and she is not feeling like doing tap.  Marta says she never comes out when I'm not there.  
  • I asked Maria what the fifth thing should be and she said that Mommy is going to text Erika to see if I can go over there.  She is like a DOG with a BONE, and she is driving me to an early grave.  What will happen first, I always wonder?  Will she go off to Kindergarten and get out of my hair for longer or will I lose my mind?  Will I be found wandering the streets of my neighborhood, babbling about how Mommy can't go anywhere else that day?  You never know.  




No comments: