Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reading to Veronica

I've been using this new editing tool that's part of Picasa, which is free from Google. I really like it, I never have time to do anything serious, so I like to just try something and save it. Someday, what would I do, if I had time? If I could just sit and my desk and work on pictures? It feels like a dream.

What I would like for my birthday, not that this blog is about me, is a Flip Video Camera. I had one, I think I got it for Christmas the year before Maria was two but she broke that damned thing. THEN when we got our house broken into, the stupid thieves didn't steal it so I couldn't claim it on the insurance. Anyways, I never take video anymore and they are all doing such cute things, Maria especially, with the singing, I'd love to get some of it. So. In case anyone who reads this also is in the habit of getting me a birthday present, I would like a Flip. :)

Maria had a pretty good day today. We had to stay close to home because I had a fence guy coming over mid-morning. But we went to the store and the two girls drove in one of those car carts. Those are a pain and I hate them BUT it was super not-crowded at the store so I figured it would be okay and it was.

Lately, Maria's been using toothpicks for her food, and I totally approve. It makes it a lot easier for her to eat, she can't work a fork wonderfully yet, the toothpick is a great transitional tool, I figure, and it's fun. Today she ate a whole hot dog before we went to the store, even! She spears the pieces and then dips it in ketchup, she's a crackup. She really doesn't like a lot of food. I am trying to have her snack less so that she is actually hungry and will try stuff but she can be a LARGE pain about a snack when she wants one. We're trying to have more fruit but she never likes a veg.

I hate to end this so abruptly but everyone is FREAKING out because I am sitting down. The nerve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: