Friday, September 18, 2009

Determination...

 
 




...thy name is Maria. She really is determined. She was out there for a bit by herself this morning, and I looked out after like two minutes and she was toodling up the sidewalk on the tricycle. Later we were in the kitchen and my Dad was out back, mowing the lawn. We hadn't seen him but I could hear the lawnmower and I guess so could Maria because she said "Pa?" to me. It's so funny, I was just telling Mike, I have never had this experience before, where a child of mine recognizes a loved one from a sound and then wants to SHARE with me that they know what's going on. It's something we ... we didn't exactly miss it, with Anthony, because we didn't know what to miss, but it makes me hope for it from Anthony some day, all the more.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alivia Quallen said...

I wish I could throw my kids out in the back yard for awhile. It is getting to the point where I would love a backyard!