Saturday, August 22, 2015

Second Grade

Maria started second grade last week, she is doing really well.  She got the teacher that I hoped she'd get, although that's kind of based on nothing except I used to work in the library across the hall from her classroom and I liked the sound of her.  She's great, so excited to see her friends, doing well in school, getting in a little trouble for talking but not too much.  She is going to go to Aftercare one day a week and she is more excited about that than anything.  I have been having some personal drama with getting them set up for Aftercare but I hope it's straightened out now.  I love their school but there is a real feeling that if you don't know about it, you are never going to find out.  This is our third year there and I've never used the aftercare before this year but man, it's nearly impossible to find out anything about it.  I finally gave up and just emailed the principal and said that they were starting this Thursday and that's that.

She is a real pain, getting back to Maria.  Every time we leave anywhere she screams and cries and throws herself to the floor.  If I pick her up at school and tell her no, we are not stopping for ice cream, she screams and cries.  If she is not ready to leave yet but I have to go because I have to get Anthony, she screams and cries.  Yesterday at Target I wouldn't buy her candy even though it was "only" 79 cents, she screams and cries.  I hate it, it's embarrassing and I can't make it stop.  I never do what she wants me to do when she screams and cries about it but I can't take everything away.  Shouldn't this be getting better and not worse?  She is worse than Felicity and she's so, so, SO loud.

Oh well, we will keep plugging away I guess, it's not like there are options.  Onward and upward!


No comments: