Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Pool

We recently joined the Knights of Columbus pool, although we all call it the K of C, but Maria thought it was KFC, but she told me today that Abby told her that it's K OF C, and that KFC stands for Confessional Fresh Chicken.  She kills me.  I corrected her, but really what does she know of Kentucky?  Or Fried Chicken, really?

Anyway, Maria loves the pool.  She is getting so grown up but she's also still a little kid.  She was on the diving board today and she drew my eye to her.  I could TELL that she didn't want to jump in (it's 11 feet deep by the diving board).  So I called her over and she cried and cried and said "I don't want to DO this!".  I said well, don't!  You are starting swimming lessons tomorrow and you will get more confidence and it will be fine.  I said Veronica is whooping it up there in the 3 and 4 feet deep area, play with her!  Kids are impossible, all I hear all day at the pool is "can you do this?" and "I can do this!".  Shut up, I think, none of you can even drive or vote and just a few years ago you were pooping in your drawers like everyone else.  Sheesh.

Anyway, it was prohibitively expensive to join the pool but it was worth it.  Maria is really having the best time and she's so cute, all freckled and tan.  She's sleeping well and being generally cute and fun.  I wish I had a good pool picture of her but she is always away from the me at the pool.  I have instead like 100 pictures a day of Felicity, who is right by my side, ha!


No comments: