Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

Today I took Maria to ballet, then to Starbucks to see our friend Ali who works there.  The girls had an apple juice and a treat and then we went to my friend Marta's house, where they made and ate their own pizzas, played dress up and had a high old time.  Then we raced home so we could go to our neighbor's house for a tea party playdate, where she stayed for a few hours.  She had to come home at 4:00 and she came into the house, shlumped over and whined and cried about what a terrible day she had.  She didn't do ANYTHING, she said, and then she LISTED all the stuff that she had done today! INGRATE!

She's okay, though.  I mean, she doesn't know she's an ingrate.  She just thinks four things in one day isn't too much.  She's not an INgrate but she is INsane, I fear, ha!

She had a good Halloween, she went sort of crazy when we were trick or treating.  She ran so hard and so fast between houses she kept breaking off her Batgirl boots.  But she had fun, although I hope that next year it's all a little calmer.

She is doing great in school, she's so smart.  Lately she likes to do her math, she'll say "plus two plus two is ... FOUR, right?  Plus three plus three is .... SIX!  Plus two plus five is ... (she counts on her fingers) SEVEN!".  She is writing well and has friends and seems happy.  Not to talk toilet talk, but she is having some trouble staying dry at night so she has to wear a pullup.  I've told her not to worry about it, I just can't keep up with the laundry if I have to wash and dry all her bedding every day.  We have a deal that if she wakes up dry three days in a row she can start to wear underwear again, I guess we shall see.

She's a good girl, I can never get over how crazy she makes me and how great she is, all at once.  Here's some pictures of her on Halloween and from the fall.  I got out my real camera and it's been great, Maria is a HECK of a poser.





No comments: