Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School

Maria has started school and guess what?  She loves it.  Ha!  Is anyone surprised?  Today she started bugging me about when we were leaving (8:45) at 7:30.  That is a long hour and fifteen minutes, trust me, when she is asking literally every two minutes.  She never even says Hi when I pick her up, she just starts yelling at me about what she wants to do.  She wants to go play outside, she wants to go to Dairy Queen, she wants to go to Paige's house, ay yi yi!  But I'm mostly just glad she is having fun and doing well.  I am not one bit worried about her going to Kindergarten next year, and that's a big relief.  

She is learning how to write more this year, they use a program called Handwriting Without Tears and I really like it.  She is so funny, SO funny.  One thing they do in her class this year is that you are supposed to walk in with the kid and help her answer the question of the day.  After Maria finds her name tag, she puts it on the board under YES or NO.  So today the question was about a book they're reading calling Daddy Goes Fishing or something and the question was "does Daddy catch a fish"?  So I asked Maria "in the book you're reading (I pointed at it), does Daddy catch a fish?".  NO!, she yelled at me, ha, and slapped that tag right up in the NO column.  Ha!  She's all mad at the Dad in the book for coming back empty handed.  

She's doing just fine, cute as ever, I wish she wasn't so bossy, same old same old same old.  

1 comment:

The Story of Anthony said...

Nice story. I can relate it to my personal experience. thanks