Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's So Great About Maria

What's so great about Maria, you want to know?  Okay, I'll tell you:


  • She is very articulate.  Even if she doesn't know the word for something, she will try so mightily to get her point across that you might think her head will blow off.  It's not lost on me, the gift of her talking so much to me.  I understand how wonderful it is, even if it sometimes makes me crazy.  And it doesn't even make me crazy too much anymore because she is a Great Communicator, she knows so many words and she has never forgotten one thing in her life.  She might not remember a word exactly right, but she gets really close most of the time, unlike another Beck girl I know.  Ahem.  
  • She is physically so strong.  She never gets tired.  That's something that I always forget about kids, they are just not lazy.  She will run and play allll day if I let her.  
  • She loves books, loves to read.
  • She writes really well!  She asks me all the time how something is spelled (Happy Summer, Happy Father's Day) and I tell her and letter by letter she writes it out.  Her handwriting is really good and I don't know but it seems like four is a good age for that.  
  • She is always trying to figure out the rules.  We'll have friends over one day and I'll tell her to offer her guests something first, I'll tell her ONE time, and then next time we have friends over, she'll remind Veronica, WE OFFER OUR GUESTS-EST THINGS FIRST, VEEVSY!
  • She is so loud.  So, so loud.  I could never lose her.  
  • She mostly wakes up in a really good mood.  
  • She doesn't miss a trick.  She makes me be really honest with her because I have a feeling she'd see right through me.  
  • She has a good sense of humor.  I can usually chuckle her out of a bad mood. 
  • Ever since my mom took her to get her hair cut, it is gorgeous.  It really bounces and behaves and almost has a little curl to it. 
  • She is much, much MUCH better in church than Veronica.  
  • What else - gorgeous, smart, good hair, athletic, she's perfect, I guess!  

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This made me smile:) she will live a happy life and be a successful adult for sure!! And she will take care of her mama and daddy!

RoseBFK said...

She is, in the words of her swimming coach, paraphrased -- mostly perfect.