Saturday, June 30, 2012

That's Entertainment!

This week I took Maria to see her first play, Peter Pan, and today Mike took both girls to their first movie, Madagascar 3.  They haven't seen 1 or 2 but I bet they can catch right up, ha!

Maria did great, just great, at the play.  It was at SEVEN o'clock at night, which is crazy for them but I figured the heck with it, they are sometimes up that late in their rooms so why not.  We went with Marta and her older kids, Maddy and Charlie.  Maria is not exactly a 'live in the now' person, though.  Every time there was applause she'd clap and clap, and, all wild-eyed, say to me, "DO WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW?".  I'd say, NO! and she'd say OKAY, all relieved.  Sheesh!

She got her progress report for swimming and she is still a Pike, or whatever the lowest level is, but I have confidence that she'll be an Eel someday and I wouldn't have said that last summer.  She is sticking her face in the water, and kicking and digging and really almost swimming!  It's exciting.  She is exciting.

This was bad, though.  I wore a dress to the play, it's been over 100 degrees here, which, ugh, what do you wear?  I am just glad I'm not pregnant this summer.  Anyways, I wore a dress that I just bought from Old Navy and we were driving out of the garage and Maria said to me "Mommy, that dress makes you look married".  And I was like, married?  What the heck?  And then I realized what she meant and I wanted to go change right away.  She meant PREGNANT.  She always says that on my next 'married day', I should have a baby boy and call him Fizella, or whatever, I guess I may have said at some point that Mommy and Daddy got married and then I had Anthony or whatever, so she takes married to mean pregnant.  Ugh and she said I looked PREGNANT in my new DRESS!  She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, I told a friend of mine, so she wasn't being mean, just honest.  Sigh.  I'm WORKING ON IT, Maria!

No comments: