Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday

Oh this child.  She has had such a big week!  We moved her into her toddler bed on Sunday night, she asked to sleep in it and she just - did - and it's been great.  Her crib is still in there, I guess our plan is to move Veronica in it but maybe we will wait a little while, until Maria gets used to being in her bed.  She has been terrific about it, about 90 percent of the time, which I think is really good.

She also has her nuk only when she is up in her bed, which has also been going incredibly well.  She gets up and puts that nuk in the basket and boom! that's it.  Except when it's NOT okay and she wants to have it just because she feels like it.  Last Saturday she wanted her nuk and we told her not until naptime and she told us she wanted to TAKE A NAP and we sent her up, at 10:00, ha!

The toilet training is going very well, she is getting a little lazy about it, kind of pushing her luck.  She wants to know if she poops a "little bit" is that okay?  Um, no!  But I can't complain, she is really doing well and she has no example of what to do, we are both kind of doing it for the first time, so I am proud of us.

She can be super bad.  SUPER.  BAD.  She is the most impatient person I have ever met, and I know me, even!  But someone just told me, I think my friend Emily, the difference between three and four when it comes to instant gratification is very big.  So I am hopeful.  I am hopeful that she will continue to grow and thrive and be super cute and kind and love ballet and swinging and all sorts of stuff and she will start to dislike being a horrible shrew.

My parents came home this week and everyone is happy to see them, but especially Maria.  She really actively missed them, I think and it's nice to see her with them.  It would be even nicer to see her LIVING with them for the next two months.  Ha!  Kidding!

1 comment:

Iva. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.