Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Year Ago Today


We will have to do a Throwback Thursday here, as I haven't taken any pictures yet this week! I know! But something or other has been going on after school - it seems like we get home and I start dinner, and then Mike gets home, then we feed everyone, then everyone gets mad and cries, and then it's bedtime. :)

So here's Maria, one year ago today. Was she talking this time last year? I guess not much. Not like now, that's for sure. She has been saying so many sentences, it's hard to keep up with it. She does one thing, though, that is hysterical. She gets you really mad, like she'll do something she's not supposed to, or ignore you, or whatever, and then you get mad and you say, Maria, NO! or something, and she says, "Mommy, you okay?" If you say "No, I'm not okay, I'm mad as hell!" she says, super sad and serious, "Mommy. You okay?" Ugh. It's infuriating and adorable.

She gets up SO early. SOOOOOO early. This morning she made noise at 5:00 and Mike got her at 5:30. Anthony doesn't go to sleep until around 10:00 so we really want him to be able to sleep until 7:00 or so, so we can't have her WAILING away like she does. But I know we are sending the wrong message by going to get her. Now it's 10:00 and she is already up from her nap. She usually will sleep a little on the way to get Anthony, which makes her nicer, but then she's awake for a while after we put her to bed. This wouldn't normally be a problem, who cares, but I want to move Veronica in with her. It's insane - there is almost always someone up, 24 hours a day, here. My eye has been twitching for almost two weeks. But enough about me. Here's Maria, one year ago today, so cute. She was probably up too early last year too! Ha!

No comments: