Thursday, October 3, 2013

Three for Thursday

It is extremely challenging for me to keep up with these blogs!  Poor me!  Ha, I am going to try to aim low with just three things about Maria, today.  

  • We had a playdate with a new friend of hers this week.  Her name is Violet and she is very nice and thankfully, the mom seems very nice too.  It goes down like this - Maria comes running out of school last week, and yells at me, VIOLET AND ME WANT TO HAVE A PLAYDATE!  CAN WE HAVE A PLAYDATE?  WE WANT TO HAVE A PLAYDATE!  I say, well, I will talk to Violet's mom.  I have no idea who Violet's mom is, but what I am hoping is that she is NOT one of the Mean Moms.  Chances are she could have been, there are a lot of Mean Moms at pickup.  I have been lucky because Maria likes this boy named Leo and his mom is very nice and now Violet is a friend and I like her mom, too.  Anyway, Maria screamed and yelled and had to be removed from the schoolyard on Friday because she wanted to have the playdate IMMEDIATELY, she was completely uninterested in future plans.  She has been having a lot of these breakdowns, always at around 3:30, even on the weekends.  I'm sure she's tired and she spends all day being good and fighting her natural inclination to talk and misbehave, and I understand that she feels safe with me and that's why she can misbehave with me, but LORD.  LORD.  It is getting downright embarrassing, the yelling and screaming every day.  Anyway, I emailed the mom and we went to a park near school this week on Tuesday, it was fun.  Mike is on Furlough (ugh) so he stayed home with Felicity and I just took Maria and Veronica.  
  • Maria told Mike last week that she was going to call 911 on him.  Thank God she didn't, she just threatened him.  I asked her why she did it and she said he was making her really mad!  Can you imagine?
  • Felicity has been sleeping in her room and even though it's a pain because Felicity wakes up a lot earlier than she used to, I think Maria likes being in charge of two minions instead of just one.  This morning she and Veronica came in my room where I was sleeping and said "I have a crying baby for you, Mommy!  It's Felicity!".  I always think, reporting live from the end of the bed, Maria Beck.  
  • Things she has really improved, in just a few weeks of school include writing, reading, being quiet when she is supposed to, being good in church, and climbing the HELL out of those monkey bars.  

No comments: