Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kindergarten

We've started to get notes from Maria's school, opportunities to buy backbacks and supplies, etc.  The real getting ready won't start until this summer but I am excited!  I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten this year.  In just a few months!  She is super smart and she is very social and she can behave herself when she needs to, so I am not worried at all about her.  I am a teensy bit worried about myself, as I tend to be kind of a - well, I don't want to say I'm mean because I don't think I am but I *am* sort of straightforward and some - lots - of people don't like that.  I've been out of the working world for long enough that I'm afraid I'll come off like Nell or something, all grunting and groaning and just saying whatever comes to my mind.

When Maria starts school, she'll be starting eight YEARS of school at this place, with Veronica right behind her and Felicity not too far behind that.  Maybe Anthony will go there some day, even.  We are going to have a long relationship with a lot of these people, so I have to remind myself to be nice and to let small transgressions go, I suppose.  I have a few friends who are there already, as parents, so that is nice, too.

Maria still falls asleep every day, if I let her.  She wakes up too damned early and last week was her first back to preschool after Spring Break, so she was a little off.  She is better than Veronica, though, in that she just pops awake and is fine.  Veronica cries like her heart will break when she wakes up, it's awful!

She has a lot of friends at school, things seem good there.  We have been having some playdates and tomorrow she'll start back to tap class on Thursday nights.  She and Veronica are doing just great at Anthony's school, all is well on the Maria Front.  I never post on her blog anymore, because I guess I mostly like to complain about her, and there's not been anything to complain about, ha!


No comments: