Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sick

So, she is really sick!  She has had a fever of 101 for one and a half days.  What the hecka?  I don't know what's wrong with her.  She is so plucky that you seriously can't even diagnose her, I swear.  We went to my parents' house today and she was so excited to go, we stopped and got a donut on the way and she tore into it but then she took like two bites and gave it to me, sighing.  Then she wanted to eat pizza for lunch, but started and then had to go lie down.  She is so my daughter, though, I can totally remember being like that.  I don't know if my Dad would remember but one time when I was in grade school, I had been sick with the flu or whatever and I thought I was feeling better to go to school.  But when I got to school, I knew it was a mistake, but I tried to press on and of course I threw up and they had to call my Dad to come and get me, and of course he had just gotten to work or whatever and he was mad!  Maria is just like that.  It's like, she's listless but she is beyond plucky, she is working so hard to feel good, she doesn't understand she is making herself worse.  "I caaaaaan't relaaaaax!", she was crying today at my mom's house.  She told me this afternoon she didn't know how to shut her eyes.  Sheesh.  But she did take a bath and I think that helped.  She wore her pajamas when we went to get Anthony and she fell asleep but she also went right to sleep tonight, the poor baby.  I am praying she is better tomorrow.

No comments: