Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Maria

 
Apologies for the crappy picture, camera is messed up, bad angle, Maria was pulling at it, excuses excuses. :)

So. Maria Kathleen Beck, at two years old. When we look at her and listen to her we can't help but think of how dumb we were with Anthony. There isn't a word that Maria doesn't say, she sings songs, she remembers EVERYTHING she has ever seen or heard. She repeats every word we say. She can take the dvd out of the player and replace it with the one that she wants. She says "Good night, Mommy" when I drop her in her crib. She has started to understand that when I leave to go to church or something, she doesn't have to freak out. "Be right back?" she'll say to me, and she's fine. She still gets up super early but she hasn't woken up in the night in quite a while. She has been relatively healthy this year, I can't remember when she had roseola but that's been it. She doesn't go for her two year appointment until next week, so I'll have her stats then but she hasn't gained a lot of weight between 1 and 2, I bet. She's taller, she is fine in 24 month clothes but 2T is still kind of big on her. She hasn't lost her belly at all! She loves my sister Laura, whenever the doorbell rings she tears over to the door and says "Lolo? LOLO? LOLO? WHERE LOLO?" It happened just today and it was the Fedex guy! She loves to look at pictures, of herself and her siblings. She loves Mike, she gets almost sad about how happy and excited she is when he comes home from work. Of course, she drives me crazy too. She is relentless. She will still repeat a word SO MUCH that it's maddening. We haven't figured out her nap schedule yet, today she took her afternoon nap at 8:45! But mostly she is just so beautiful and funny and sweet that she breaks my heart. She is so smart and so chatty and she is really teaching me about patience in a way that I didn't learn it with Anthony. There isn't an hour that goes by that I don't want her to LEAVE ME ALONE or GET OFF OF MY LEG but there also isn't a minute that goes by that I'm not aware of how much I love her, and how much she means to me and Mike. So Happy Birthday Maria. Happy birthday. Happy birthday! Happy birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alivia Quallen said...

What a beautiful post! The ending cracks me up;-)

Lisa said...

Very Sweet! And really, WHAT IS UP w/ the repeating of a word until it's maddening?? Adri does the same thing! Over and over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!