Thursday, October 4, 2018

Fifth Grade Student

Maria is doing just fine.  I have been going into her Fifth Grade classroom on Tuesdays to help her teacher, who is great and Maria's first male teacher, and it's so nice to see her.  She is really turning into a great student, and she seems to be a good friend, or at least she has a lot of friends who seem to like her.  She is still kind of a slob and she refuses to ever shut her lights, as we say in Brooklyn, but overall she is doing just great. 

How lucky we are, I think all the time, that she is so wonderful.  She gets herself up most mornings and if we wake her, she pops right out of bed.  She gets dressed in her whacky outfits and leaves for the bus stop 25 minutes early so she can spend time with her neighbor and friend, who also likes to get to the bus stop super early! She is always on the go, she usually gets home and races right back out to play with friends, but I mean, in so many ways what her pediatrician used to tell me about her, that her tenacity would serve her well some day, seems to be true.  She is a great girl. 

I am taking the three girls to Brown County State Park next week, they are on Fall Break and I am not, so I am taking them from Monday Afternoon, after I get off work, until Wednesday, before I go back to work on Thursday.  Mike will stay home with them Thursday and Friday. 

Lately I've been thinking I should have her do her own laundry, and Veronica and Felicity can follow.  Maria will be in Middle School next year, and while it's true I didn't go to Middle School until seventh grade, I was FOR SURE doing housework more than my kids do.  I think I am a little bit behind on it but I'm going to start.  It's too much, I am the only one who cleans the house and that is just too uneven.  It makes me deeply, deeply, deeply DEEPLY resentful of the mess makers. 

Well here are a few pictures of our own sweet Maria Kathleen.  Speaking of Kathleen, Kathleen Ann Murray, my childhood friend for whom Maria was middle named, is dead thirteen years this month.  THIRTEEN YEARS that we have been without her.  I think of her all the time, she was so funny and such a true blue friend.  ::claps hands briskly::  okay! back to it!









No comments: